- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce
Need dinner in 15 minutes? This recipe is for you. Simply make the sauce in less than 15 minutes and whilst it's cooking, make some zoodles for a simple and fresh meal. Tip: angel hair pasta is the best dried pasta for cooking quickly. You can cook in 12 minutes so if you have a few minutes spare you can have a big pot of pasta cooking to accompany this delicioussauce! Reduce the chilli for a mild sauce.
Quick Dinner Option: Cook 1kg of mince on the frying pan, stir this sauce through and serve with pasta for a quick spaghetti bolognese!
Please note: Like most tomato or curry-based dishes, this tomato-based dish will most likely stain the internal silicone seal of your mixer. This will fade over time.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Makes approximately 800g
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, small, peeled
- onion - 1, large, peeled and quartered
- chilli - 1 medium, or hot chilli of choice, roughly chopped
- bacon - 5 slices, short cut, roughly chopped into large chunks
- olive oil - 10g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, whole
- fresh oregano - 1 Tbsp
- Place garlic (2), onion (1), chilli (1) and bacon (5 slices) to bowl. Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (10g). Program 3 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add tomatoes (800g) and oregano leaves (1 Tbsp) to bowl. Program 9 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Once cooked serve over pasta, zoodles or meat of choice.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.