- Prep Time: 8h 00 min
- Serving: Serves 06-08
Spicy Thermomix Pulled Pork
We have been talking to you about this Thermomix pulled pork recipe for over 12 months. You’ve truly earned it… well done! Now, don’t be disappointed, but this isn’t a Thermomix-only recipe, you also need a slow cooker.
BUT the delicious spicy seasoning and the ‘pulling’ is done in the Thermomix.
As opposed to most pulled pork, this Thermomix pulled pork isn’t sticky and sweet and full of sugar. We have used herbs and spices and salt to get the flavour explosion.
It is QUITE spicy, so be aware of that and alter if necessary. This makes a tonne, so you can definitely freeze in small ziplock bags – perfect to take for lunch. Joe likes to have his in a wrap with salad and Bec likes to have hers with eggs for breakfast.
This recipe was featured in Episode 64 of the podcast – Thermomix Pork Recipes.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 8 hours
- cayenne pepper - 2 Tbsp
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- dried parsley - 1 Tbsp, flakes
- salt - 2 Tbsp, rock
- onion - 2, peeled and sliced
- garlic cloves - 4-8, peeled
- vegetable stock - 1 tsp, paste
- water - 235g, hot
- pork shoulder - 1, rolled, make sure it will fit in your slow cooker
- Add the cayenne pepper (2 Tbsp), ground coriander (1 tsp), ground cumin (2 tsp), onion powder (1 tsp), dried parsley flakes (1 Tbsp) and rock salt (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds.
- Spread the sliced onions (2) and garlic cloves (4-8) across the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the stock paste (1 tsp) and hot water (235g) to the slow cooker.
- Cut string away from pork shoulder (1) and rub seasoning across all surfaces of the meat. There should be some remaining.
- Place seasoned meat on top of the onions, with thick fat surface facing upwards.
- Leave for approximately 8 hours on High.
- Once cooked, cut the meat into large chunks and put into TM bowl along with 1-2 teaspoons of seasoning. The meat should be below the halfway fill line.
- 'Pull' the pork and on Speed 7 / 1 second. ONLY 1 second. Set aside until all pork is 'pulled'.
- Serve with wraps and salad, or have for breakfast with eggs!