Spicy Skinless Sausages
This yummy dinner has been shared with us by Tenina from Cooking With Tenina. She likes knowing what goes into her sausages, so she has made her own! This is her sausage of choice. It goes well with mash, salad, chips, gravy, roast veggies, a fresh bun - whatever you like, really! If you are not big on pork, simply substitute chicken for the pork fillet and duck fat for the lard.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Wow! These were so quick, easy and tasty! I made half without the chilli and the other half with. Both were tasty, but with chilli was definitely my favourite!" - Rach
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- chilli - 1 red
- garlic cloves - 2-3, peeled
- lemongrass - 2, stalks, white part only
- peppercorns - 1 Tbsp
- fish sauce - 30g
- lime - 1, juice only
- rice - 100g, cooked (less than 50g uncooked)
- pork fillet - 250g, cubed
- beef mince - 150g
- lard - 60g
- water - 1L, for steaming
- oil - for frying
- Place chilli (1), garlic cloves (2-3), lemongrass (2 stalks) and peppercorns (1 Tbsp) into mixer bowl. Blend Speed 7 / 10 seconds.
- Add fish sauce (30g), lime juice (from 1 lime), cooked rice (100g), pork (250g), mince (150g) and lard (60g). Blend Reverse+Speed 8 / 15 seconds.
- Test to see if it is holding together when pinched. You may need to add another 5-10 seconds to the blend depending on how big your pork pieces are.
- Line the steaming attachment upper tray and lower dish with baking paper by wetting the paper, scrunching it and laying it over the tray and dish.
- With wet hands, form sausage shapes and place onto the baking paper. The sausages will shrink so don't be scared to make them a bit bigger to begin with.
- Add room temperature water (1L) to the bowl, and bring it to the boil. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. This allows for a consistent end result.
- Set the steaming attachment in place and program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan to medium heat and drizzle with a little oil.
- Pat dry the sausages with a paper towel to prevent spitting and fry until golden.
- Serve sliced with a hot chilli sauce on the side.