Spicy Seafood Salad
This can look rather stunning on a buffet table. Choose a beautiful platter and then play like a food stylist until you are happy! It not only tastes divine, but looks so beautiful with the green of the dressing, pink of the prawns, red salmon, and yellow lemon wedges... so perfect! Oh the poetry of it all! - Tenina
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- salmon - 500g, Tasmanian fillet, cubed
- prawns - 300g, tails intact
- white fish fillets - 300g, of choice, cubed
- water - 1.5L, boiling
- scallops - 100g, roe on
- onion - 1/2, red, thinly sliced
- baby spinach - 100g, fresh, or salad greens of choice
- fresh herbs of choice - few, sprigs reserved from dressing ingredients, to garnish
- lemon - wedges, or lime wedges, to serve
- Citrus dressing:
- olive oil - 50g, extra virgin
- chilli - 1, green, halved
- sweet chilli sauce - 2 Tbsp
- fish sauce - 75g
- oranges - 2, zest and juice only
- lemons - 2, zest and juice only
- spring onions - 4, roughly chopped
- rice wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- sea salt - to taste
- raw sugar - to taste
- Place salmon (500g) prawns (300g), white fish (300g) into steaming attachment lower dish and set aside.
- Add water (1.5L) to bowl and set steaming attachment into position. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Stir scallops gently through cooked seafood and set aside. The residual heat of the seafood will cook the scallops perfectly.
- Place oil (50g), green chilli (1), sweet chilli sauce (2 Tbsp), fish sauce (75g), oranges (2), lemons (2), spring onions (4), rice wine vinegar (1 Tbsp) and sea salt and raw sugar to taste into bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 10 seconds until just combined. (Don't over mix or you will get an emulsion rather than a dressing)
- Arrange red onion (1/2) and salad leaves (100g) on large platter. Top with warm seafood, dressing and garnish with herbs.