Spicy Cabbage Salad
Looking for a quick but tasty salad option for your next BBQ? Lesley from Me and My Thermie has got you covered! "The combination of the ginger and chilli makes for a real fiery kick, so be careful with your spicy generosity and maybe use less chilli or just a few chilli flakes to taste, unless, of course, you like having your socks blown off!" - Lesley
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is perfect, crunchy and full of flavor. A tasty side dish for any meat at a BBQ." - Megan
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 1-2cm piece, peeled
- chilli - 1/2, red, or to taste
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- sesame seeds - 10g
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- maple syrup - 10g, or rice malt syrup
- apple cider vinegar - 20g
- tamari - 50g
- lemon juice - squeeze
- cabbage - 300g, in chunks, or broccoli if preferred
- capsicum - 1, red, deseeded and quartered
- fresh coriander - leaves, chopped, to serve
- Add garlic cloves (2) and ginger (1-2cm piece) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2-3 seconds.
- Add chilli (1/2, or to taste), ground coriander (1 tsp), sesame seeds (10g), olive oil (1 Tbsp), syrup (10g), apple cider vinegar (20g), tamari (50g) and lemon juice (squeeze) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add cabbage (300g) and capsicum (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 6 seconds, with the aid of the spatula.
- Ensure the cabbage is evenly chopped and repeat if required.
- Add to salad bowl and scatter with fresh coriander leaves to serve.