Spiced Orange Cranberry Jelly
This jelly can double as an accompaniment to the turkey and the base of the dressing for the Christmix Waldorf Salad. The recipe is from Tenina Holder's book Merry Christmix Too. She also recommends spreading it on ham sandwiches with a little cream cheese and a few sprouts... doesn't that sounddelicious?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Love the flavour. We thought it would be delish on a cheese platter with a really sharp cheddar." - Tracey
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 1 medium jar
Cannot be frozen
- sugar - 150g
- orange - 1, juice and zest only
- star anise - 2
- salt - pinch, pink
- port wine - dash, to taste, optional
- cranberries - 300g, dried
- water - 100g
- Place sugar (150g), orange zest and juice (from 1 orange), star anise (2), salt (pinch), port (dash), Craisins (300g) and water (100g) in the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap off. The mixture should be quite sticky.
- Store in sterilised airtight jars in fridge until the big day.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites