Spiced Mixed Fruits
Who says dessert has to be naughty? Or difficult to make? It is amazing how something so simple can be so delicious! With only the use of good whole foods, this dessert is easy to prepare and can be served warm or cold.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes plus marinading time (if desired)
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Serves 6 small portions
Can be frozen
- apples - 2, peeled, cored and sliced
- pears - 2, peeled, cored and sliced
- nectarines - 2, pitted and sliced
- orange - 1, juice only
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- Put apples (2), pears (2), and nectarines (2) in a bowl and cover with the orange juice (1) and cinnamon (1 tsp). Mix together. For greater flavour development, leave to marinate (you can leave overnight).
- Wet and scrunch a piece of baking paper and line the steaming attachment lower dish (see photo gallery).
- Pour the entire fruit, juice, and spice mix into the lined steaming attachment lower dish.
- Fill the bowl with hot water to the bottom fill line and set steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the fruit before returning the lid. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- This is delicious as is, and can be served solo. You can also pair it with ice-cream or coconut cream. It can be served warm, or cold and can also be a good breakfast option!
Note: There is plenty of room in the steaming attachment, so you can always add more fruit if you are cooking for a bigger crowd!