Spiced Chia Chocolate Mousse
This is a delicious and light mousse that certainly satisfies a chocolate craving while also delivering antioxidants and superfoods. For an LCHF option, swap out the sweeteners for xylitol. For a sweeter option, use a ripe banana in lieu of the avocado.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So glad I was able to test this one. So yummy, and I'm so making it again and again! An awesome healthy chocolate mousse with divine spiced flavour!" - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Chilling Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Pumpkin pie spiced blend:
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- ginger - 1 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp, ground
- cloves - 1/8 tsp, ground
- pumpkin pie spice - 1-2 tsp
- cardamom - 1/4-1/2 tsp, ground
- water - 1 Tbsp, body temperature (e.g. from a recently boiled kettle)
- maple syrup - 30g
- chia seeds - 50g
- coconut sugar - 80g
- cacao powder - 25g, unsweetened
- avocado - 200g, flesh (from approx. 1 avocado)
- coconut milk - 400g
- sea salt - pinch, coarsely ground, optional
Pumpkin pie spice blend:
- Add the cinnamon (2 tsp), ginger (1 tsp), nutmeg (1/4 tsp) and cloves (1/8 tsp) to a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Place the pumpkin pie spice (1-2 tsp), cardamom (1/4-1/2 tsp) and water (1Tbsp) into a small bowl. Stir to combine, then add maple syrup (30g) and stir again. Set aside.
- Place chia seeds (50g) into the mixer bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 20 seconds.Scrape down sides.
- Add coconut sugar (80g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add cacao powder (25g) and avocado flesh (200g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Add coconut milk (400g), salt (pinch) and the spice mixture into the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 5 or until smooth.
- Place mousse into single serving bowls / ramekins or a serving bowl and place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to set.
- Top with your choice of coconut yoghurt, whipped coconut cream, cacao nibs and / or toasted coconut.