There is nothing more satisfying than crunchy spiced nuts when you are snacking on the go. Be warned – these spiced cashews are very morish! They store very well in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasted sweet, salty and crunchy all at the same time. Great with drinks. The recipe was quick and easy to make. The hardest part of it all was waiting for the nuts to cool down to taste them. They were delicious." - Monika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes + cooling time
Makes 200g of nuts
Can be frozen
- cashew nuts - 200g
- coconut oil - 20g
- honey - 20g
- curry powder - 1 tsp
- brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- cumin - 1/2 tsp, ground
- ginger - 1/2 tsp, ground
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp, ground
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cashews (200g) on the prepared tray. Roast for 5 minutes in the oven, then remove and set aside. Leave the oven on.
- Meanwhile, to make the spice mixture, place the coconut oil (20g), honey (20g), curry powder (1 tsp), sugar (1 Tbsp), cumin (1/2 tsp), ginger (1/2 tsp), turmeric (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) in the bowl. Program 1:30 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the cashews to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 1 / 30 seconds.
- Transfer the nuts onto the baking tray and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. If you intend to freeze the nuts, spread out on a plate or tray first and then transfer to a snap lock bag or airtight container once cold.