- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Spiced Beef Meatballs with Lemon Yoghurt Sauce
A delicious little morsel to serve at your next gathering. We absolutely love these meatballs teamed up with this tangy lemon yoghurt sauce for a burst of freshness and zing. These are so easy that we think they will become a new favourite when asked to bring a plate.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I would never make meatballs for a party because they are a hassle... but with this recipe they are so quick and easy. This recipe will be served at every BBQ. Big hit with the whole family. Loved them." - Rachael
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-25 minutes
Makes 24 meatballs
Can be frozen
You will need:
- Lemon yoghurt sauce:
- lemon - 2 strips, peel
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, leaves, chopped
- fresh mint - 12, leaves
- lemon juice - squeeze
- yoghurt - 200g, Greek
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- cumin - 1 Tbsp, seeds
- paprika - 2 tsp, smoked
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- fresh parsley - 1/2 bunch, leaves only, chopped
- beef mince - 500g
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked, black
- salt - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Lemon yoghurt sauce:
- Add the lemon strips (2), chopped fresh parsley leaves (2 Tbsp) and fresh mint leaves (12) to the bowl. Chop Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lemon juice (squeeze) and Greek yoghurt (200g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Spoon the sauce into a small bowl and refrigerate to allow flavours to develop. Do not wash the mixer bowl.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and peeled and halved onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cumin seeds (1 Tbsp), smoked paprika (2 tsp), turmeric (1/2 tsp), chopped fresh parsley leaves (from 1/2 bunch), beef mince (500g), cracked black pepper (1 tsp) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 15-20 seconds or until combined.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and roll it into 24 small meatballs.
- Place the meatballs onto the prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes, shaking the tray often for even browning.
- Serve with lemon yoghurt sauce.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites