These simple biscuits are always a crowd pleaser and they are the perfect offering for a bake sale. They keep well and can be wrapped in clear cellophane to show off the beautiful colours.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Quick and easy biscuits that taste delicious and look fantastic! They will be a regular at my work morning teas." - Belinda
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 250g, cubed
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp, or extract
- sugar - 100g
- egg - 1
- plain flour - 360g
- chocolate - 24 speckled chocolates, e.g. Freckles™
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the baking trays.
- Place butter (250g) into bowl. Blitz Speed 4 / 30 seconds or until it starts to soften. You may need to scrape the sides down a few times during this process.
- Add vanilla (2 tsp) and sugar (100g). Program 1 minute / Speed 4.
- Add egg (1) and flour (360g). Mix on Speed 4 until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into 24 small balls. Place onto prepared trays evenly spaced apart.
- Place a speckled chocolate on top of each dough ball and press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake until lightly golden, approximately 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire cooling rack.