Spaghetti Not From a Tin
This tastes like the tinned stuff, only better. And super easy to whip up too! It also feeds an army, so it's a great one for when you are looking to make a big batch of something. We love that it has carrots and tomatoes snuck in there for the veggie-averse among us!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A quick and healthier version of tinned spaghetti that was loved by a fussy toddler." - Kirsty
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 21 minutes
Can be frozen
- dried spaghetti - 400g (*can use GF)
- olive oil - 20g, plus extra to drizzle
- cheese - 100g, grated
- onions - 2, peeled and quartered
- carrots - 300g, roughly chopped
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, whole
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, black, ground
- Boil a large saucepan full of water. While the water is boiling, move on to Step 2.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (100g) and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add onions (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add carrots (300g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add tomatoes (800g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Program 16 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on. While it is cooking, move on to Step 7.
- Cook the spaghetti (400g) according to packet instructions.
- Add grated cheese (100g) to the bowl. Blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the bowl, ensuring it is as separated as possible first. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
*Oil, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 150g chopped salami in Step 8.