Spaghetti marinara is a classic meal which you can create for yourself with a beautiful result. The delicious mix of calamari, mussels and prawns is even better when you are camping by the beach and can get them very fresh. Ask your local fishmonger to tell you what would be best from your local area. Alternatively, most supermarkets have a 'seafood mix' available.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looked good and tasted authentic. Quick and very easy to prepare. My husband thought it was great." - Judy
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- dried spaghetti - 500g (*can use GF)
- fresh parsley - 30g, flat leaf
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 30g
- white wine - 250g
- tomato paste - 40g
- fresh mixed seafood - 300g, see Note
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, chopped
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch, black
- Cook the spaghetti (500g) according to packet instructions in a saucepan on a hot plate.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the parsley (30g) in the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Transfer into a small bowl until later.
- Add the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (30g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the wine (250g), tomato paste (40g), seafood mix (300g), tomatoes (800g), salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch). Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the parsley to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 2 / 20 seconds.
- Serve with the drained pasta immediately.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Note: If you choose to use whole mussels with shells, make sure to place them in the internal steaming basket to cook while the sauce is cooking.