Soy and Sesame Salad Dressing
This Asian-inspired salad dressing is great for those days when you want something a little bit different! Combine this with some shredded wombok, shredded carrots, sliced capsicum, cashews, spring onions and shredded chicken for a delicious summer salad.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Very easy, delicious dressing that is a refreshing change to the usual salad dressings." - Kate
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 8 minutes
Makes 3/4 cup of dressing
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- spring onion - 1, roughly chopped
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- sesame oil - 50g, toasted
- soy sauce - 50g, salt reduced, *ensure GF if required
- lime juice - 20g
- honey - 50g, optional
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- Serving suggestions:
- cabbage - wombok, shredded, to serve
- carrot - shredded, to serve
- capsicum - sliced, to serve
- cashew nuts - to serve
- spring onion - sliced, to serve
- cooked meat - chicken, shredded, to serve
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), chopped spring onion (1), peeled ginger (2cm piece), toasted sesame oil (50g), soy sauce (50g), lime juice (20g), honey (50g, if using) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to two weeks in the fridge. Chill and shake before serving.