This recipe has been shared with us by Amy Tulloch.
"A Snickers brownie that is yummy, easy to make and a great take-a-plate dish." - Amy
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A special treat brownie that is decadent for special occasions or an everyday treat. Try sprinkling mini M&M's® on the top to make it look more beautiful." - Kerry
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25-28 minutes
Can be frozen
- Snickers bars - 100g (approx. 2)
- butter - 150g, chopped, plus extra for greasing
- chocolate - 200g, dark, chopped
- caster sugar - 120g
- eggs - 2, lightly beaten
- plain flour - 125g
- self raising flour - 40g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (120g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the Snickers bars (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 1 second at a time. Repeat until the chocolate bar is chopped into small pieces. Set aside.
- Add the butter (150g), chocolate (200g) and caster sugar (120g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 80C / Speed 1, until the chocolate and butter have melted.
- Program 3 minutes / Speed 1 to allow the chocolate to cool.
- Add the beaten eggs (2) to the bowl. Mix Speed 1 / 5 seconds.
- Add the plain flour (125g) and self raising flour (40g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 15 seconds.
- Add the chopped Snickers to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes. Insert a skewer into the centre to see if the middle is cooked.
- Allow to cool in the pan completely before cutting into 15 pieces and serving.