S’mores Chocolate Mug Cake
Chocolate, marshmallows and cookies, oh my! You don't need to be sitting around the campfire to enjoy the flavours of this mug cake. Enjoy this new twist on an old favourite.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This cake looked amazing after I made it! I felt like I could display the photo in a magazine, and it was simple enough to make." - Karissa
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 2-4 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- butter - 30g
- self raising flour - 60g
- brown sugar - 40g
- cocoa powder - 10g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2
- milk - 50g
- chocolate chips - 40g
- biscuits of choice - crumbs only
- marshmallows - 8, white
- Add the butter (30g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Add the self raising flour (60g), brown sugar (40g), cocoa powder (10g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), eggs (2), milk (50g), half the choc chips (20g only) and half the cookie crumbs (1 Tbsp only) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these in an oven preheated to 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Scatter the remaining choc chips (10g for each mug) on the top of the cakes.
- Place marshmallows (4 for each mug) on top and carefully blow with a blow torch to melt and char the marshmallows to your liking. Sprinkle cookie crumbs (1/2 Tbsp for each mug) over the top.
- Best consumed immediately whilst still warm.