Smoked Salmon Frittata
This smoked salmon frittata is so decadent, and it's just perfect for a weekend dinner with friends. It has been shared with us by the wonderful Arwen Genge from Arwen's Thermo Pics. Simply serve with a salad of choice for a complete meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “ This is a super fast and easy frittata where you don't have to worry about pastry or crusts. You pour the mixture from your bowl into your baking dish, and in 20 minutes your house will be filled with delicious aromas." - Monika
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- asparagus - 1 bunch, or 1 zucchini, chopped into pieces
- spring onion - 2, cut into 5cm lengths
- fresh dill - 1 Tbsp, or chives or parsley
- salmon - 250g, smoked, or to taste
- eggs - 6, large
- double cream - 200g
- pepper - cracked black, to taste
- Parmesan cheese - grated, optional
- Chopped Cabbage Salad with Tangy White Sauce - to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease and line a square baking dish with baking paper.
- If you wish to add Parmesan cheese and need to grate it, add cubed cheese to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the chopped asparagus (1 bunch) in base of the dish.
- Add the chopped spring onions (2) and fresh dill (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Add the smoked salmon (250g), eggs (6) and cream (200g) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 2 x 0.5 second blasts.
- Season with pepper and Parmesan cheese if desired, then pour the mixture over the vegetables in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until set and lightly brown on top.
- Cut into large pieces to serve hot or cold, for lunch or dinner.