Smoked Salmon Crostini
This quick, easy and flavourful recipe to serve a crowd has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. The smoked salmon spread is a real crowd pleaser that is fantastic as is but also quite versatile. It also works on some toast with a poached egg and baby spinach for breakfast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This dip has it all. It is fresh, rich, enlivened by lemon, creamy and generous but not overpowering." - Joy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes, longer if preparing your own crostini
Makes approx. 15 crostini
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- capers - 15g
- lemon - 1/2, zest and juice only, or more to taste
- mascarpone cheese - 150g
- cream cheese - 250g, softened
- smoked salmon - 100g, or more to taste
- crostini - to serve (*ensure GF if required)
- oil - chilli infused, to serve
- fresh chives - chopped, to serve
- Add the capers (15g) and lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Add the mascarpone cheese (150g), softened cream cheese (250g), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), smoked salmon (100g), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 4-5 seconds, or until combined. Assess the consistency and blend further if required.
- Test the mixture. Add more lemon, smoked salmon, salt or pepper to get your preferred flavour balance just right.
- Serve on crostini and garnish with chilli oil and fresh chopped chives.