Smoked Ham and Corn Soup
A very tasty soup that only needs a few basic ingredients. It is an easily adaptable recipe, too – feel free to replace the smoked ham with bacon, chorizo or smoked chicken to suit your family's tastes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Tasty and versatile. Very filling with the ham and corn, too!" - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 10 minutes sitting time
Cooking Time 36 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, large, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ham - 200g piece, smoked, cubed
- butter - 20g, or oil (*use oil for DF)
- potato - 400g, cubed
- corn - 400g, kernels, plus extra to serve
- chicken stock - 1L, liquid, or to the maximum fill line on your bowl
- bacon - fried, diced, to serve
- fresh chives - chopped, to serve
- Alternate serving suggestions:
- chorizo sausages - *ensure GF if required
- cooked meat - chicken, smoked
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (1), peeled garlic cloves (2) and cubed ham (200g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Add the cubed potatoes (400g), corn kernels (400g) and liquid stock (1L) to the bowl. Please ensure that you don't go over the maximum fill line on your mixer. Program 30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Once cooked, allow to sit for 10 minutes to thicken slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into large bowls and top with diced bacon, corn and chives.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites