Fancy making your own version of the popular Milo™? This recipe for chocolate milk powder has been shared with us by Bec Allum from Thermobexta, and it's dairy free, grain free and additive free. It can be served hot or cold – the mixture will dissolve in warm milk, but it won't really dissolve in cold milk unless you blitz it together in your mixer. Bec says, "I don't bother doing this as my kids like eating it off the top then drinking the milk." Do whatever makes you happiest!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “So simple and easy to follow – goodbye to the big green tins!" - Tracey
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Makes approx. 3 cups of dry mixture
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- cacao powder - 100g, raw
- coconut sugar - 180g, or less if preferred
- vanilla bean powder - 2 tsp
- milk of choice - to serve, *ensure DF if required
- cocoa powder - 100g, to replace cacao powder, *ensure DF if required
- rapadura sugar - 180g, or less if preferred, to replace coconut sugar
- vanilla pod - 1, quartered, to replace vanilla powder
- Add the cacao powder (100g), coconut sugar (180g) and vanilla powder (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 7, measuring cap on.
- Store in an airtight glass jar or container.
- To serve, stir the mixture (1-2 tsp, to taste) into a glass of warm or cold milk.