Slow Cooker Muesli
This recipe came about at Peta's house over the the summer months. It was just too hot to have muesli toasting in the oven and she was looking for an alternative. The great thing about this method is that you don't have to watch it to avoid burning - it can just cook away with a quick stir every couple of hours. Depending on the size of your slow cooker you can also make a lot more in one go - great for larger families. The finished product is delicious and naturally less crunchy than toasted muesli.
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 4 hours
Serves 20+ individual serves
Can be stored in the freezer
- oats - 1kg, rolled
- coconut - 100g, shredded
- pepitas - 200g
- sunflower kernels - 200g
- cinnamon - 1 Tbsp, ground
- vanilla bean powder - 1 tsp
- coconut oil - 100g
- maple syrup - 90g, or honey, or to taste
- Plug your slow cooker in and turn on high to warm.
- Place oats (1kg), coconut (100g), pepitas (200g), sunflower kernels (200g), cinnamon (1 Tbsp) and vanilla powder (1 tsp) into the slow cooker. Mix with spoon to combine.
- Place oil (100g) and maple syrup or honey (90g) into thermo mixer bowl.
- Program 2 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Pour oil mixture over dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so. We recommend wrapping the lid in a tea towel during the cooking process to avoid condensation build up.
- Once the muesli is to your liking, turn off your slow cooker and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container once cooled.
- Serve with yoghurt, with milk or in one of our fabulous muesli recipes coming up.
Note: You can add nuts to this recipe if you like and bulk out with 500g diced dried fruit of choice.