Slow Cooked Beef Chilli
This delicious dinner idea has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. The great thing about this dinner is that you don't need to use the most expensive cut of meat, as it can end up tough and chewy. Go for the cheaper cut and take the time recommended in the recipe. Serve with some yummy corn chips and cheese!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Yes to making again! A glossy rich casserole-type dish, very fulfilling!" - Kristi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 52 minutes
Can be frozen
- cumin - 1 tsp, seeds
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, seeds
- cinnamon - 1/2, stick
- paprika - 1 tsp, ground
- turmeric - 2 tsp, ground
- garlic cloves - peeled
- chilli - 1, red
- onion - peeled and halved
- olive oil - 50g
- salt - 2 tsp, flakes
- tomato paste - 100g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, crushed or diced
- brown sugar - 2 Tbsp, dark
- cacao powder - 1-2 Tbsp
- casserole beef - 750g, steak, cubed
- red kidney beans - 400g tin, drained
- Add the cumin seeds (1 tsp), coriander seeds (1 tsp), cinnamon stick (1/2), paprika (1 tsp) and turmeric (2 tsp) to a hot dry frying pan until just smoking. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer the spices to the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add garlic cloves (5), chilli (1), onion (1), oil (50g) and salt flakes (2 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tomato paste (100g), tinned tomatoes (400g), sugar (2 Tbsp), cacao (1-2 Tbsp) and beef (750g) to the bowl. Program 45 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add drained beans (400g tin) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve with choice of garnishes.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine