There is nothing better than a brownie for dessert. This giant version of the brownie can easily be prepared over a fire or in the oven. You can serve it with lots of spoons and a dollop of ice cream and let everyone tuck in.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Definitely not for those watching their waistline. But for those of us that are not, the mixture was divine – so thick and glossy I could have eaten it all out of the bowl! And the end result was great – a really rich brownie with a nice, moist and dense texture. It made the perfect after dinner treat while sipping our champagne under the stars!" - Nadia
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25-35 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- butter - 250g, plus extra for greasing
- chocolate - 200g, dark, broken into small chunks
- cocoa powder - 80g, or less if you prefer
- plain flour - 65g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- caster sugar - 350g, or less if you prefer
- eggs - 4
- If you are using an oven, preheat to 180C. Alternatively, get that camp fire going!
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (350g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the butter (250g) and chocolate (200g) in the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add the cocoa (80g), flour (65g), baking powder (1 tsp), sugar (350g) and eggs (4). Combine Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Pour in a large, greased skillet and either bake in the oven at 180C for 35 minutes or over the camp fire for 25 minutes. If the brownie gets dark over the camp fire, simply cover it with some aluminium foil and continue cooking it.