Simple Thermomix Chocolate Cake
We were looking for a Thermomix chocolate cake recipe that was light, delicious, intolerance-friendly, easy to make… really, was that asking too much? The added bonus of this cake is that it is so easy you can have it on the table for your guests within an hour.
This recipe is best made and served straight away (warm). The gluten-free version in particular is better when fresh. After it has cooled / been in the fridge, it can be a bit dry. But fresh, it’s delicious!
This recipe was featured in Episode 39 of the podcast - Thermomix Chocolate Cake Recipes.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 50 minutes
- caster sugar - 200g, or Xylitol, NB: If using Raw Sugar, Speed 9 / 3 seconds first
- milk - 100g, or Dairy-Free Milk like Almond or Coconut
- butter - 110g, or cold Coconut Oil or Nuttelex
- eggs - 2
- self raising flour - 170g, make it Gluten-Free if you like!
- cacao powder - 20g, or cocoa powder
- vanilla - 5g, extract
- Set oven to 170 degrees Celsius (adjust the oven if you know you have a hotter or slower oven - we have a hot oven with no fan). Prepare circular cake pan (see video below for a quick way to do this!).
- Insert butterfly into TM bowl.
- Add all ingredients.
- Set 3 mins / Speed 4.
- Scrape down sides and butterfly. Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and cook for 30-40 minutes. You should be able to put a skewer into the middle of it and pull it out dry.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, remove from tin, then ice.
- This is the GF / DF version - yum!
In regards to icing… for the normal version of the cake we highly recommend this buttercream frosting. For this cake we left out the orange and added cacao. Also, the recipe really makes a lot. The pictures you see on this page were done by making 1/4 of the recipe.
For the gluten / dairy free variety we used a suggestion from Teresa Cutter (The Healthy Chef). The Thermomix adaptation is:
Add to the TM bowl:
– the flesh of 2 ripe avocados
– 25g cacao powder
– 5g vanilla extract
– 70g rice malt syrup / honey
– pinch of salt.
Speed 7 / 30 seconds, scrape down sides.
Speed 6 / 20 seconds, scrape down sides.
Speed 5 / 10 seconds, scrape down sides.
Put in the fridge until you’re ready to ice the cake.
By the way, wanting a quick easy way to line your cake tin? See the video below.