Simple Spiced Apple Sauce
This aromatic apple sauce is absolutely delicious with roast pork, yet it can be cooked up in less than 10 minutes. And no need to peel the apples. Simple, yet delicious. We used an assortment of apple types – feel free to pick what suits you, and what's available.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I’ll never use store-bought sauce again! This recipe is so quick and easy – no need to even peel the apples. The sauce has a delicious spice flavour and was awesome with roast pork!" - Judy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 9 minutes
Can be frozen
- apples - 600g, cored and quartered (no need to peel!)
- butter - 25g (*can use DF spread)
- brown sugar - 20g
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp, ground
- cloves - 1/4 tsp, ground
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- Add apples (600g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 2 seconds.
- Add butter (25g), sugar (20g), cinnamon (1/4 tsp), cloves (1/4 tsp) and lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Blend 1 minute / Speed 9, measuring cap on. Slowly increase speed to reach Speed 9.