To assemble this tree you will need to make the shortbread from the recipes featured in this month's magazine – either traditional or gluten / dairy free. This is great fun to prepare with kids, with a great result at the end!
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- egg white - 1, small (*use other liquid for EF)
- icing sugar - 180g
- food colouring - yellow
- food colouring - green
- shortbread stars - special shortbread biscuits
- Place egg white (1) into the clean bowl and insert whisk attachment. Mix Speed 2 / 30-60 seconds, ensuring egg white is frothy.
- Add icing sugar (180g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 2 / 15 seconds.
- Place a little icing sugar into a bowl with a drop of yellow colouring. Mix to combine.
- Place icing onto one of the large stars. This will top your tree.
- Divide the remaining icing between three bowls and tint with green colouring to make three different shades.
- Allow to sit and firm up for 5 minutes.
- Ice remaining stars with the icing. Be creative!
- Allow icing to set.
- To assemble, place your yellow star towards the top of the serving tray.
- Using the bigger size shortbreads, form the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Use smaller stars to fill the gaps and to sit on the bigger shortbreads to look like little decorations.