Shepherd’s Pie with Cheesy Sweet Potato Topping
Shepherd's pie is a favourite for many during the cooler months. We're giving it a new twist with this cheesy sweet potato topping. It adds a nice sweetness to the dish, as well as a pop of colour!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love recipes I can set and forget. The prep for the savoury mince and potato takes very little effort, so I can do other things in between the steps. Makes for a very efficient dinner process! And the house smelled amazing!" -Rach
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 55 minutes
Serves 4-6, depending on ramekin size
Cannot be frozen
- Savoury Lamb Mince - 1 batch
- Cheesy sweet potato mash:
- sweet potato - 500g, peeled and diced
- water - 500g, hot tap
- feta cheese - 100g, crumbled
- nutmeg - pinch
- pepper - to taste
- Parmesan cheese - 20g, grated
- cheddar cheese - 40g, grated
- If you need to grate your cheeses, add cubed Parmesan cheese (20g) and cheddar cheese (40g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set the cheese aside.
- Place sweet potato (500g) into the steaming attachment lower dish. Pour hot water (500g) into the bowl and set the steaming attachment in place. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. While the sweet potato is steaming, you can continue on to the next step.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease 4-6 individual ramekins. Spoon the Savoury Lamb Mince into each ramekin up to about 3/4 full, leaving room for the cheesy sweet potato topping.
- Once the potato is finished cooking, drain the water from the bowl and transfer the sweet potato to the bowl.
- Add the feta (100g), nutmeg (pinch) and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds, or until smooth.
- Spoon the mash over the casserole in each ramekin, in a layer about 2cm thick. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese (20g) and cheddar cheese (40g) over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole is heated through and the cheese is golden.