Sesame Pumpkin Salad
They say we eat with our eyes, and this salad is beautiful in colour and in taste! This recipe, shared with us by Bec Allum from Thermobexta, is suitable to have as a main meal, or as a side salad with a nice BBQ. The dressing is really well balanced and compliments the pumpkin perfectly, making for a tasty, fresh and light meal!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a delicious and fresh salad that could be eaten on its own, but it was equally delicious served with some lamb cutlets." - Renee
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Serves 4 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
- pumpkin - 400g, peeled, deseeded and diced into 1.5-2cm cubes (prepared weight)
- macadamia oil - 15-30g, or oil of choice, (*can use NF oil)
- sesame seeds - 25g
- baby spinach - 140g, leaves
- rocket - 40g, leaves
- tomato - 2, halved and sliced into wedges
- feta cheese - 100g, diced into 1cm cubes
- avocado - 1, peeled and diced
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- apple cider vinegar - 25g
- tamari - 30g
- sesame oil - 30g
- honey - 30g, raw
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the diced pumpkin (400g) on the prepared tray. Drizzle with macadamia oil (15-30g), salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place the sesame seeds (25g) in a small frying pan and toast until golden. Allow to cool.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), apple cider vinegar (25g), tamari (30g), sesame oil (30g) and honey (30g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Into a large serving bowl, add the spinach leaves (140g), rocket leaves (40g), sliced tomatoes (2), diced feta (100g), diced avocado (1), cooled pumpkin and cooled sesame seeds over the top. Drizzle with the dressing.