Sesame Coconut Bars
These yummy nut free bars have been shared with us by Shanai from Kids Eat by Shanai. They are a really great sweet option to share at a party where you need to be careful about nuts. If you already have honey in the pantry, you can use that in lieu of the rice malt syrup to save buying something new. These are best stored in the fridge until serving.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An easy and healthy bar that has a delicious roasted sesame taste." - Heidi
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 2 hours setting time
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Makes 18 bars
Can be frozen
You will need:
square cake tin
- sunflower kernels - 65g
- rice malt syrup - 200g, or honey
- desiccated coconut - 80g
- puffed rice - 10g, cereal, e.g. Rice Bubbles™
- sesame seeds - 105g, toasted
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the sunflower kernels (65g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 6 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the rice malt syrup (200g) to the mixer bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Return the processed sunflower kernels to the bowl along with the desiccated coconut (80g), puffed rice cereal (10g) and toasted sesame seeds (105g). Pulse Closed Lid / Reverse+Turbo / 4 x 1 second blasts.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tin, then cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to set for about 2 hours.
- Once firm, slice into bars and store for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.