Sesame Bok Choy Salad
Sick of stir fry? Here is a different way to enjoy bok choy that is full of flavour. It makes a great side dish to meat cooked in an Asian style marinade.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a lovely, fresh, crispy salad that is quick and easy to make." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Serves 4-6 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- bok choy - 8, baby, rinsed, dried and thinly sliced
- cucumber - 1, Lebanese, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- carrot - 100g, thinly julienned
- spring onions - 3, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp, toasted
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- spring onions - 2, roughly chopped
- honey - 40g
- soy sauce - 40g (*ensure GF if required)
- rice wine vinegar - 20g
- sesame oil - 40g
- Add the bok choy (8), cucumber (1), carrot (100g), spring onions (3) and sesame seeds (1 Tbsp) into a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add the garlic clove (1) and spring onions (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the honey (40g), soy sauce (40g), rice wine vinegar (20g) and sesame oil (40g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.