This no-nut slice is sure to be a hit item in the lunchbox! It has been shared with us by Bianca Slade from Wholefood Simply. A great grain free option for those who love oat slice or ANZAC slice.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This delicious slice is nut, grain, egg, dairy and refined sugar free, which makes it the perfect school / work lunchbox snack. It is great for those with allergies or those wanting to reduce their carb intake. It is so yummy, yet good for you at the same time." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- desiccated coconut - 100g
- sunflower kernels - 50g
- pepitas - 45g
- sesame seeds - 50g
- salt - pinch
- honey - 80g, or rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- tahini paste - 90g, make your own with the Tahini Paste recipe from The Tea Party Issue
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease or line a 20cm square tin with baking paper hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- Add coconut (100g), sunflower kernels (50g), pepitas (45g), sesame seeds (50g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add the honey (80g) and tahini paste (90g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 30 seconds until the mixture is completely broken down and resembling a fine, sticky crumb.
- Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove the slice from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for five minutes before gently transferring to a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool completely prior to cutting.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!