Seeded Polenta Crackers
These super tasty savoury crackers are made with polenta and lots of delicious seeds. They are perfect for dipping, or simply snacking! You can serve them as a nibble for a gathering or as an addition to your gluten free packed lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These crackers are amazing! They are very easy and have so much flavour. A massive hit in my gluten free household, who are used to rice crackers as the gluten free option." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Makes 50-60 crackers
Cannot be frozen
- flaxseeds - 80g, or linseeds
- polenta - 200g
- sesame seeds - 40g
- sunflower kernels - 75g
- pepitas - 75g
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp, flakes
- olive oil - 80g
- water - 450g, boiling
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place half the flaxseeds (40g only) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining flaxseeds (40g), polenta (200g), sesame seeds (40g), sunflower kernels (75g), pepitas (75g), salt (1/2 tsp), oil (80g) and boiling water (450g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 2.5 / 20 seconds.
- Leave for 5 minutes, then divide the mixture between the two baking trays and spread very thinly. Use up the entire space of the tray.
- Using a pizza roller or knife, score each tray into small crackers. Bake each tray individually in the oven for 50 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through baking. You may find you need to remove some of the outside pieces if the middle needs further cooking.
- Allow the crackers to cool, remove them from the tray, break into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.