Seasoned Sweet Potato Bites
Sweet potato is a crowd pleaser, and these bites are testament to that! They are easy to make, healthy and full of flavour. With a yummy seasoning blend (which will make the most of any roasted vegetables!) they can be served as fries for a side dish or as bite sized pieces for finger food. If you have an air fryer, you can use that for a much quicker and crunchier result.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Amazeballs! So so good. Everyone from the one year old to Mum and Dad loved them. My husband commented on how good the house smelled when he walked in." - Kim
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Serves 8 as a side
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
2 large baking trays
- sweet potato - 2kg
- olive oil - 30g, or duck fat or butter (*do not use butter for DF)
- Seasoning blend:
- dried onion flakes - 4 Tbsp
- dried parsley - 2 Tbsp
- dried rosemary - 2 Tbsp, sprigs
- garlic granules - 1 Tbsp, dried
- paprika - 1 Tbsp
- salt flakes - 2 tsp
- pepper - 2 tsp, cracked, black
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Prepare the sweet potato (2kg) by peeling it and cutting into either fries (for a side dish) or cubes (for a finger food).
- Add the sweet potato pieces to a large mixing bowl with your fat of choice (30g).
- Add the dried onion flakes (4 Tbsp), dried parsley (2 Tbsp), dried rosemary (2 Tbsp), dried garlic granules (1 Tbsp), paprika (1 Tbsp), salt flakes (2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (2 tsp) to the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of the seasoning blend over the sweet potato pieces in the other bowl and mix to ensure all pieces are covered with oil and seasoning.
- Lay the sweet potato over the two prepared trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then shuffle them around on the tray before baking again for a further 20 minutes, or until cooked through and starting to crisp.
- Remove the sweet potato pieces from the oven. Test the seasoning and sprinkle with more seasoning if you wish.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Store extra seasoning in an airtight container for up to 6 months.