Seasoned Chicken with Warm Quinoa Salad
This dish has a special characteristic that we love. All the components are made in the mixer, without having to clean the bowl in between! Does that make it a winner for you too? It's a simple recipe that leaves you with a delicious warm salad for two.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “When the weather gets colder and you still like the idea of a salad, this warm salad and seasoned chicken ticks the boxes." - Annette
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
2 small bowls
internal steaming basket
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, ground black
- paprika - 1 tsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 2 tsp
- chicken breast - 2
- Salad vinaigrette:
- olive oil - 20g
- balsamic vinegar - 10g
- lemon juice - 10g, fresh
- fresh herbs of choice - 1 tsp, Italian
- salt flakes - 1/4 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, cracked black
- Quinoa salad:
- quinoa - 100g, tricoloured
- water - 500g, for steaming
- cucumber - 1, Lebanese, diced
- feta cheese - 70g, crumbled
- cherry tomatoes - 6, halved
- fresh basil - 10 leaves, shredded
- Add the salt flakes (1/2 tsp), ground black pepper (1/4 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), garlic powder (1 tsp) and dried onion flakes (2 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl. Do not wash the bowl.
- Add the olive oil (20g), balsamic vinegar (10g), fresh lemon juice (10g), mixed Italian herbs (1 tsp), salt flakes (1/4 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl. Do not wash the bowl.
- Rinse the tricoloured quinoa (100g) under running water in a fine sieve.
- Place the rinsed quinoa into the internal steaming basket. Add water (500g) into the mixer bowl and set the internal steaming basket in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on. Check that the quinoa is cooked through. If not, cook for a few more minutes until it is. Once cooked, set aside and allow to drain. You can continue with the next steps while cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat a BBQ to medium heat.
- Coat the chicken breasts (2) with the seasoning mix before grilling them on the BBQ for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While waiting for the chicken and quinoa to cook, you can prepare the cucumber (1), cherry tomatoes (6) and basil leaves (10).
- Once quinoa is cooked, add it to a large bowl along with the vinaigrette, diced cucumber (1), crumbled feta (70g), halved cherry tomatoes (6) and shredded basil leaves (10). Mix to combine.
- Serve chicken alongside the salad.