This fresh and fabulous risotto has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. Use beautiful fresh seafood with the fresh green herbs and lemon juice to really make this risotto something special.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Yum! Yum! Yum!! Easy to make, super tasty and even chilli hating hubby went back for seconds. Loved the fresh flavour by adding juice of one lemon at the end." - Sue
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- fresh parsley - handful
- garlic cloves - 2
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and halved
- chilli - 1, red, long, halved
- olive oil - 40g
- arborio rice - 300g
- white wine - 120g
- fish stock - 750g, liquid
- tomato paste - 80g
- macadamia oil - for frying (*use a different oil for NF)
- calamari - 300g, rings
- prawns - 300g, green, peeled
- butter - 20g, optional (*omit for DF)
- lemon - 1, juice only
- 1. Place parsley (handful) in the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Set aside.
- Place garlic cloves (2), onion (1) and chilli (1) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (40g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add rice (300g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add wine (120g), stock (750g) and tomato paste (80g). Program 18 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1-2.
- Meanwhile, heat macadamia oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add calamari (300g) and prawns (300g), cook for 4 minutes moving frequently, or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Transfer risotto to an insulated thermal server or casserole dish with lid.
- Add butter (20g), lemon juice (1), chopped parsley and seafood to the same dish and combine using a spatula. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.