Seafood chowder is a great way to use fresh seafood and fish that you bought from the market. It is packed with protein and such a healthy dinner for everyone. You can serve it with some fresh baguette and a glass of wine. Don't forget to ask the fishmonger at your farmer's market what would be the best mix of seafood for this recipe, based on your local area.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Seafood lovers will enjoy this one! Very easy to prepare and tasted fantastic. I served this delicious chowder with homemade breadrolls and a glass of organic wine and I was in heaven! Next time, I’ll light some candles and bam… instant date night (without the expensive price tag!)" - Christina
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- vegetable oil - 10g
- plain flour - 10g (*can use GF)
- water - 500g
- fish stock - 1, cube
- potatoes - 200g, baby, halved
- mace - pinch of ground or nutmeg
- pepper - pinch of cayenne
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- milk - 300g
- salmon - 1, fillet, in small pieces
- cod - 1, fillet, in small pieces
- smoked haddock - 1, fillet, in small pieces
- cream - 40g, single
- cooked seafood - 250g, mixed
- fresh parsley - 1-2, springs
- baguette - to serve (omit for GF)
- Place the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the flour (10g). Program 20 seconds / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the water (500g), stock cube (1), potatoes (200g), mace (pinch), cayenne pepper (pinch), salt (1/2 tsp), black pepper (1/2 tsp) and milk (300g). Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the salmon (1), cod (1), haddock (1), cream (40g) and mixed seafood (250g). Program 7 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Serve immediately with the fresh parsley (1-2 sprigs) and baguette to dip.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.