Scrambled Eggs on Toast
This tasty quick-fix breakfast has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. It takes literally less than 10 minutes to whip up, and these yummy eggs are perfect to top your delicious farmer's market bread with. This recipe serves two, but the ingredients can easily be halved or doubled to adjust for more or less people. Try to use fresh free range eggs from the farmer's market for the best tasting and highest quality breakfast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These scrambled eggs were the best I've had. Not dry and rubbery, they were lovely and creamy and it would be easy to double if you wanted to serve more people." - Anita
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- eggs - 4
- cream - 60g
- salt - 1/4 tsp herb
- fresh chives - to garnish
- bread - 2 slices, toasted (*can use GF)
- butter - to serve
- tomato chutney - to serve, optional (make your own with the Spicy Tomato Chutney recipe from The Classics Issue)
- beetroot chutney - to serve, optional
- Add the eggs (4), cream (60g) and salt (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Heat a small nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat. Once hot, add egg mixture. After 1 minute, push cooked egg from the bottom of the pan to the outside allowing uncooked egg to flow to the bottom. Repeat every 30 seconds for the next 2-3 minutes, or until eggs look soft, silky and slightly undercooked – then they are perfect.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately with buttered toast (2 slices). Also delicious served with tomato or beetroot chutney. The Spicy Tomato Chutney from The Classics Issue would work well here!