Savoury Lamb Mince
This delicious recipe will easily transform from delicious casserole to the perfect pie filling. Most of the cooking is done in the mixer so you can be doing other things around the house – we love a dish like that! Dicing the veggies by hand rather than chopping them in the mixer might seem a bit sacrilegious, but it will give the final product more of a "casserole" consistency. Trust us on this one!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very tasty and easy. A winner with all the family!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- carrot - 2, diced
- celery - 2, stalk, diced
- mustard - 25g, wholegrain
- bacon - 5, shortcut slices, diced
- oil - 30g
- lamb mince - 500g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, fresh, diced
- tomato paste - 100g
- vegetable stock - 35g, paste
- Vegemite - 30g (*Can use GF variation)
- peas - 100g, frozen
- corn - 100g, kernels, frozen
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add carrots (2), celery (2 stalks), mustard (25g), bacon (5 slices) and oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add lamb mince (500g) in large clumps. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add tomatoes (400g tin), tomato paste (100g), stock paste (35g) and Vegemite (30g) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. Place internal steaming basket on the lid to prevent spatters.
- To avoid any large chunks of mince, mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Add peas (100g) and corn (100g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.