- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: Serves 04-06
Savoury Chickpea Pancakes
We love savoury twists on pancakes, and these savoury chickpea pancakes do not disappoint. These are such a great option for those avoiding grains and gluten. Top these with whatever toppings your guests like – we love the combination of tomato, avocado and rocket! Just add a pinch of salt and some cracked pepper and you have brunch sorted.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These savoury pancakes make a very tasty light lunch (or brunch!) and are very quick and easy to make." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 12 small pancakes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large frying pan
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chilli - 1/2, mild, red, deseeded
- water - 300g
- besan / chickpea flour - 200g
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp, (*ensure GF if required)
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, cracked black
- spring onion - 2, finely sliced
- capsicum - 1/2, red, finely diced
- fresh parsley - 3 Tbsp, finely chopped
- To top:
- rocket - leaves
- tomato - 1, sliced and deseeded
- avocado - 1, diced
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) and deseeded chilli (1/2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Add water (300g), chickpea flour (200g), baking powder (1/2 tsp), salt flakes (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Whisk Speed 3 / 30 seconds.
- Remove the whisk attachment.
- Add the sliced spring onions (2), diced capsicum (1/2) and chopped parsley (3 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 3 until combined.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour the pancake batter into a large frying pan over medium heat so that you have pancakes approximately 10cm in diameter. Make a few at a time if the size of your pan allows it.
- Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes. When they are firm enough, flip them over. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until cooked through. These take longer to cook through than flour based pancakes.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve warm topped with rocket leaves, sliced tomato (1) and diced avocado (1). Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites