Savoury Cheese Ball
This fantastic recipe base is great on its own, but it also makes a great platform for you to get creative with flavour combinations. Add spices and chilli for something a little more exotic, or try using different cheeses for a more intense flavour. Your imagination is your only limit with this recipe!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Fabulous base recipe! Could be easily adapted using different herbs and spices. Delicious!" - Joy
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + 1 hour chilling time
Serves more than 10
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- capsicum - 1/2, green, roughly chopped
- capsicum - 1/2, red, roughly chopped
- spring onion - 1, large, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 1/4 bunch, leaves only, chopped
- cream cheese - 100g, cubed
- cheese - 250g, tasty, grated
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- walnuts - 130g, crushed
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (250g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the chopped green capsicum (1/2), chopped red capsicum (1/2), chopped spring onion (1) and chopped parsley leaves (from 1/4 bunch) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cubed cream cheese (100g), grated tasty cheese (250g), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds or until combined.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes before rolling it into a ball.
- Roll the cheese ball in crushed walnuts (130g). Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm slightly.