Savoury Breakfast Bowl Topped with Rocket and Feta
Another delicious savoury brunch item to enjoy with friends! This breakfast bowl will really add flavour to your morning. Team it up with some toasted sourdough for a really filling start to the day. We love this served as an easy midweek meal as well.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Beautifully spiced dish that's perfect for brunch with a poached egg on top. Leftovers could be made into a pie or served on mashed vegetables as a dinner alternative." - Fiona
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 21 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- chilli - 1, to taste
- oil - 10g
- paprika - 1 tsp
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- sausage mince - 1kg, broken up into to bite-size pieces (*ensure GF if required)
- beef stock - 50g, liquid
- To serve:
- rocket - 60g, leaves
- feta cheese - 100g, crumbled (*omit for DF)
- tomato - wedges, to taste, optional
- bread - toasted, sourdough, (*can use GF bread)
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (1), peeled garlic cloves (3) and chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g), paprika (1 tsp), ground cumin (1 tsp), ground coriander (1 tsp) and garam masala (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the broken up sausage mince (1kg), liquid beef stock (50g), salt and pepper to the bowl. Program 16 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Divide the mince between 6 bowls. Top each bowl with rocket leaves (60g), crumbled feta (100g) and wedges of fresh tomato (optional). Serve with a slice of toasted sourdough.
Make your own!
* Make your own garam masala with the Garam Masala recipe from The Spice Blends Bonus Issue.
* Make your own sourdough bread with the Cheat's Sourdough Bread recipe from The Breakfast Issue.