Sausages, Veggies & Brown Onion Gravy
We love bringing you great all-in-one meals, and we think that you'll reallylove this one. The simplicity of this dish is its biggest drawcard. That, and the fact that for 18 minutes of cooking time, there's nothing you have to do! Perfect for doing something better with your time than turning sausages!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a most flavoursome dish with the onion gravy! I’ll certainly have it on the menu again." - Marie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- water - 600g, hot
- sausages - 8 thin, of choice (*check for GF if required)
- sweet potatoes - 4 small cubes, or white
- carrots - 2, large, thinly sliced
- broccoli - 8 small florets
- Brown onion gravy:
- beef stock - 500g, good quality, liquid (*check for GF if required)
- onions - 2, brown, peeled and quartered
- butter - 20g (*or olive oil for DF version)
- plain flour - 60g (*can use GF if required)
- Place hot water (600g) into bowl.
- Place cubed potatoes (4) into the internal steaming basket and set into place.
- Place sausages (8) into the steaming attachment lower tray in two layers in a crisscross pattern to allow steam to travel through for even cooking. Set steaming attachment into place.
- Place carrots (2) and broccoli florets (8) into the steaming attachment upper tray. Set into place.
- Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Warm liquid stock in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot.
- Set vegetables and sausages aside and keep warm whilst preparing the gravy. Drain water from bowl.
- Add onions (2) to bowl. Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter / oil (20g) to bowl. 4 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add flour (60g) to bowl. 1 minute / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add stock (500g) to bowl. 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Whilst the gravy is cooking, mash the potatoes and plate up with sausages and veggies. Pour gravy over sausages and serve immediately.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.