Sausage & Red Lentil Casserole
This tastes delicious! It has a lovely smokey bacon taste with a rich tomato flavour. It's also great for hiding veggies in! It reheats well, and makes quite a lot. Perfect to take and heat on the go!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I was out when my family ate the casserole. I got a text from hubby saying 'MMMMM YUM!' Then when I got home Mr 4 said 'Mummy that was scrummy in my tummy!' From my boys that's high praise and means I'll definitely be cooking it again. I served it with steamed diced potatoes, broccoli and beans." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nut
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- sausages - 8 (*check for GF)
- carrot - 1, large, roughly chopped
- zucchini - 1,large, roughly chopped
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2
- leek - 1, roughly chopped
- bacon - 6, slices, short cut, diced
- olive oil - 10g
- water - 100g
- lentils - 50g, dried red
- tinned tomatoes - 400g
- pepper - 1-2 Tbsp, cracked
- vegetable stock - 1-2 Tbsp, paste, to taste
- Place sausages (8) in the lower dish of the steaming attachment. Set aside.
- Place carrot (1) and zucchini (1) in the bowl. Blitz on Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Transfer to a separate bowl and set aside. You could add any extra vegetables you like at this stage.
- Place onion (1), leek (1) and garlic (2) into bowl. Blitz on Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Add bacon (6) and oil (10g). Place steaming attachment on top.
- Cook 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Once finished, take the steaming attachment off, add carrot and zucchini mix, water (100g), lentils (50g), tomatoes (400g), pepper and stock (1-2 Tbsp) to bowl and put the steaming attachment back in place.
- Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Once finished, remove the steaming attachment. Carefully remove skinsfrom sausages and slice. Be mindful of the heat.
- Attach the whisk attachment to the bowl.
- Add the sausages. Cook at 5 minutes /100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- You can serve this with mash, rice, pasta, couscous or steamed vegetables. Transport in a heatproof container for a yummy warm meal when you are on the go.