Sausage patties are a breakfast favourite for a lot of people - especially when served on English muffins with an egg, cheese and your favourite sauce! Our recipe for sausage patties are so much more flavoursome than those you can buy in the freezer section of your supermarket - and much healthier!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + resting time overnight
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Serves 8 patties
Can be frozen
- sausage mince - 500g, good quality, (*check for gluten if required)
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp dried
- dried sage - 1/2 Tbsp, ground
- dried thyme - 1/2 Tbsp, or fresh thyme
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- Place sausage mince (500g), dried onion (1 Tbsp), dried garlic (1/2 tsp), sage (1/2 tsp), thyme (1/2 tsp) and salt and pepper (pinch) into the bowl.
- Combine on Speed 7 / 8 seconds.
- Place mixture into a bowl and place into the fridge to rest overnight. You can use immediately if needed but the flavour is better after resting.
- Divide into 8 patties.
- Place one patty between two pieces of cling film and roll out into a thin circle patty.
- Place a non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry 4 patties at a time. You will only need to cook for two to three minutes each side as they are very thin.
- Drain on paper towel and serve.