Sausage Hot Pot
This is a comforting dish (especially in winter!) that is easy on the budget. You can't get much cheaper than sausages. You can bulk this sausage hot pot out by serving it with rice, mashed potatoes or pasta. You can certainly add more veggies to the mix too!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tired of fried or barbecued sausages? This recipe is a different spin and any leftovers can be made into Sausage and Potato Pies. I love it when you can cook once and feed twice!" - Gail
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- sausages - 10, thin beef
- corn - 150g, kernels, frozen
- peas - 150g, frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- beef stock - 500g, liquid
- mustard powder - 2 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 30g (make your own with the Worcestershire Saucerecipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Only Bonus Issue)
- tomato paste - 50g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black, ground
- water - 1 Tbsp
- cornflour - 1 Tbsp
- Place sausages (10) in a criss-cross formation over two layers in the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Add corn (150g) and peas (150g) on top of the sausages and set aside.
- Add onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add liquid stock (500g), mustard powder (2 tsp), Worcestershire sauce (30g), tomato paste (50g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Set steaming attachment into place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3.
- Remove steaming attachment. Allow sausages to cool slightly.
- In a cup, place the water (1 Tbsp) and cornflour (1 Tbsp). Mix into a thin liquid and then pour into the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Carefully remove skin from sausages and slice into bite-size pieces. Add to a serving bowl with a lid.
- Pour sauce over the top of the sausages, cover with a lid and allow to stand for 5 minutes to thicken. Serve.