Sausage and Potato Pies
This is a great way to use up leftover Sausage Hot Pot from last night's dinner. To bulk it out simply add more vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower to the sausage mix. Steam these veggies at the same time you are cooking the potato.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Instead of just reheating the leftover Sausage Hot Pot, turn it into something just a little bit different by making it into a pie! This kind of recipe always tastes better after sitting for a day, but it tastes really nice on the day we cooked it – so I am sure it will taste even nicer the second or third day!" - Gail
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- leftover Sausage Hot Pot
- potato - 400g, peeled and cubed small
- water - 600g, hot
- butter - 40g, cubed
- milk - 30g
- salt flakes - 1/2-1 tsp, or to taste
- pepper - 1/2-1 tsp, or to taste
- cheese - 100g, grated
- fresh chives - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Place leftover Sausage Hot Pot into small oven-safe ramekins so that they are 3/4 full, and place them onto a baking tray.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (100g) and grate Speed 7 / 3-6 seconds. Set aside.
- Place potatoes (400g) into the internal steaming basket and set the basket in place. Pour hot water (600g) into the bowl over the potatoes. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 3, measuring cap on.
- With 10 minutes left, preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove the internal steaming basket and drain the water from the bowl. Add potatoes back into bowl with butter (40g), milk (30g), salt (1/2-1 tsp) and pepper (1/2-1 tsp). Mix Speed 4 / 1-3 seconds, or until slightly mashed.
- Spoon potato on top of each ramekin. Top each with cheese (100g).
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is golden and pies are heated through.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chives (2 Tbsp) on top.