Easy yet delicious! This satay marinade is packed full of flavour. This is one that is delicious with beef strips as well as diced chicken breast or thigh. Marinate your meat of choice, cook it and then serve over steamed rice with sliced capsicum and cashews. Delicious!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I marinated 500g of chicken thigh overnight, cooked it at lunchtime and chucked it all in the slow cooker for dinner. Loved by all four kids!" - Kim
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes enough to marinate up to 1kg of meat
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- chilli - 1, deseeded
- peanut butter - 200g, smooth
- lime - 1, juice only
- fish sauce - 1 tsp, *ensure GF if required
- soy sauce - 50g, salt reduced, *ensure GF if required
- coconut cream - 400g tin
- palm sugar - 2 tsp
- Serving suggestions:
- beef strips - to marinate and serve
- chicken breast - chicken thigh, to marinate and serve
- rice - steamed, to serve
- capsicum - sliced, to serve
- cashew nuts - to serve
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), peeled ginger (2cm piece) and deseeded chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the smooth peanut butter (200g), lime juice (from 1 lime), fish sauce (1 tsp), soy sauce (50g), coconut cream (400g tin) and palm sugar (2 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to 24 hours until ready to use to marinate meat.