Satay Chicken Chopped Salad
Satay chicken in a salad?! You bet! This is the perfect way to enjoy a traditional winter dish in the warmer summer months. This salad is delicious and one we think you will make time and time again!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Super quick and healthy, with a tasty satay sauce with a zing!" - Liz
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- peanuts - 80g, salted roasted
- cooked meat - 600g, chicken breast or thigh, diced in large chunks
- cabbage - 1/4, purple, finely shredded
- cabbage - 1/4, green, finely shredded
- carrot - 1, grated
- cucumber - 1, julienned
- capsicum - 1/2, red, julienned
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- fresh coriander - handful, roughly chopped
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chilli - 1/2, deseeded
- peanut butter - 100g, smooth
- lime - 1, juice only
- fish sauce - 1/2 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- soy sauce - 40g (*ensure GF if required)
- water - 20g, may need more
- sugar - 1 tsp
- Add the roasted peanuts (80g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Move to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), deseeded chilli (1/2), peanut butter (100g), lime juice (from 1 lime), fish sauce (1/2 tsp), soy sauce (40g), water (20g) and sugar (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 8 / 8 seconds. If your sauce is still quite thick, simply add another drizzle of water until it reaches your desired consistency. Pour into a small jug and set aside.
- Add the cooked chicken (600g) to the bowl. Shred Reverse+Speed 5 / 2 seconds, or until your preferred consistency has been reached.
- Add the chicken to the chopped peanuts, along with the shredded purple cabbage (1/4), shredded green cabbage (1/4), grated carrot (1), julienned cucumber (1), julienned capsicum (1/2), chopped spring onions (2) and chopped coriander (handful). Mix to combine.
- Spoon out onto a serving platter and drizzle the dressing over the top.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites