This sangria is a beautiful blend of citrus, spices and red wine. We've tried to recreate a spiced sangria we once enjoyed while travelling. It has such lovely undertones of cinnamon and star anise. Simultaneously sweet and a little bit bitter, we hope you love it! - Bec
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes + resting time
Cannot be frozen
- orange - 600g, flesh (approx. 3-4 medium oranges) plus 1 extra orange
- lemon - 1
- lime - 1
- rum - 200g, spiced
- cinnamon - 2 sticks
- star anise - 1-2, whole, to your preferred aniseed taste
- red wine - 750mL bottle
- lemonade - 1.25L
- ice cubes
- Slice orange (1 only), lemon (1) and lime (1) thinly. Add to the container.
- Add orange flesh (600g) and spiced rum (200g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Speed 9.
- Add cinnamon sticks (2) and star anise (1-2) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 80C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Pour the spiced orange mixture into the container over the citrus slices and add the bottle of red wine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, transfer mixture to the punch bowl and add lemonade (1.25L) and ice.
- Ladle into glasses to serve.