Sam's ‘Cheesy Surprise' Sliders For Two
Bec and Joe's nephew Sam created a big batch version of this recipe for The 4 Blades podcast when he was 8 years old. This time, we have tweaked it to be a great alternative to the sneaky weekend cheeseburger meal for two. What's the surprise? The delicious cheesy centre of the burgers!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The cheese filling in these burgers is so scrummy! This was a huge hit with the whole family and will definitely be made again (and again!)" - Rach
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
frying pan or BBQ plate
- bread - 4, small, rolls, (*can use GF)
- cheese - 4 slices
- tomato - 4 slices
- lettuce - leaves
- sauce of choice
- Cheese mix:
- cheddar cheese - 50g
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- garlic granules - 1/2 tsp
- Burger patties:
- beef mince - 350g
- egg - 1
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- tomato paste - 25g
- Add the cheddar cheese (50g), onion powder (1 tsp) and garlic granules (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 30-40 seconds so that a paste forms.
- Transfer to a small bowl with a spatula.
- Add the beef mince (350g), egg (1), salt (1/2 tsp), dried oregano (1 tsp) and tomato paste (25g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 20 seconds. The mixture should be well incorporated; if it is not, keep going!
- Carefully transfer the mince mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Roll into 4 patties, making a well in the centre of each patty with your finger without going all the way through.
- Roll the cheese mixture into four small balls. Press each cheese ball into the wells in the patties and squeeze the mince over to cover the cheese.
- Heat a frying pan or BBQ plate.
- Fry the patties for a few minutes on each side until cooked through to your liking.
- Serve in bread rolls (4 total) with cheese slices (4 total), tomato slices (4 total), lettuce leaves and sauce of choice.
Make your own!
* Make your own bread rolls with the Multiseed Bread Rolls recipe from The Freezer Issue, the Bread Rolls recipe from The On the Road Issue, the LCHF Bread Rolls (GF) recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue, the Honey Buns recipe from The Readers Issue or the Golden Brioche Buns recipe from The Baking Issue.